lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2014

Flower arrangements

I know nothing about flower arrangements - a pure and simple fact.  It is hard, however, to make beautiful flowers look ugly!

On the weekends when I have a bit more time to breathe, I usually wake up early to cut flowers, herbs or even twigs to bring indoors.  Just a few are enough to make me happy.  A dear friend of mine, Gema, took this photo at my house on Saturday and pinned it (no great feat - she has 20,693 pins!).  Somehow, things often look better from someone else's perspective...


Abraham Darby, Pierre de Ronsard, salvia


¡Un besito Gemita!


Update: just found a site where gardeners post their flower arrangements each Monday (http://ramblinginthegarden.wordpress.com/2014/11/03/in-a-vase-on-monday-wanted-dead-or-alive/).

9 comentarios:

  1. That s were friends are for!! Beautiful roses

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, my friends are especially dear to me. Because we live in a rural area so far away from family, I sometimes have to lean on them more than I would like, but they don't seem to mind!

      Eliminar
  2. Gorgeous roses - and the Salvia are a nice touch too!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think I have the same Salvia in my garden. I'm looking forward to reading more about your garden, thanks for visiting mine.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, it's very common here because it does very well. I'm not too fond of the bright pink color, but it popped up in the pot of another plant that I got at the garden center, and I didn't have the heart to pull it!

      Eliminar
  4. That statement of yours says it all - 'it is hard to make beautiful flowers look ugly'!! This is the second vase to use 'Abraham Darby' this week - isn't he beautiful? - and the touch of pink on the salvia sets the roses off beautifully. Thanks for joining in - it will be interesting to have some Spanish vases amongst the others :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I will try to participate with what I've got, but my garden is still taking baby steps so I'm sure that my vases will be the simplest of all!

      Eliminar
  5. I am the same, only worse. I can grow them, but I can't arrange them. Kris's are so imaginative, aren't they?

    ResponderEliminar