lunes, 28 de abril de 2014

Wisteria Lane

No, I'm not a Desperate Housewife (although, now that you mention it, Marcia Cross and I did grow up in the same hometown!).  It's just that, at this time of the year, the wisterias on our road are simply breathtaking.

First up is my neighbor José Luis's house.  This purple glicinia is about 8 years old.  The initial flush of color along his front wall in April is traffic-stopping (literally), and there is another more discrete bloom in the summer.

Can you smell it? 





The plumes of flowers were humming with bees.
 Can you spot one in this photo?

Ah, there he is!



The next stop on our wisteria tour is my neighbor Julieta's house (love her name, and her house!).  This is a 4-year-old white wisteria growing over a carport, and it's its first bloom ever (wisterias usually take 5 years to bloom like this).




So, where is my contribution to all ths wisteria-ness?  My humble participant is just one year old, but already has a fan.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario