viernes, 3 de mayo de 2013

Oh, go fly a kite!

It was one of those beautiful but blustery spring days, and I was out pulling weeds.  Youngest Son came to say that he was bored, so I asked him if he wanted to help me pull weeds.  Obviously, that was not part of his Wii-besotten mind's agenda, so he just kept complaining.  Then it dawned on me: "It's such a windy day, why don't you go fly a kite?"  Surprisingly enough, he did!  The next thing I new, the three men in my tribe were out with kites, and even the dog was getting in on the act.





And they weren't the only ones who thought it was a great day for flying...


2 comentarios:

  1. That was a perfect pace for kite flying. No trees. We recently had our kite flying festival in Austin and it was so windy there were hundreds of kites caught up in the trees! Nice countryside.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, I guess having no trees has to have at least one advantage, although I can't think of any others! This spot is right behind our property on conservation land (you can just see the tail-end of the reservoir in the photos), and I hope it never changes...

      Eliminar